Santiago R. Granados
- Where were you born?
I was born in Bogotá, Colombia.
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I had the opportunity to dive at the age of 12, which made me fall in love with the ocean. From that day on I wanted to study Marine Biology so that I could spend most of my time in it.
- If you had a time machine, would you go back in time or into the future?
Probably the future. I would love to know if humans were able to make interplanetary trips and see how far we have the capacity to develop, considering that it can be a sustainable development. That would seem fascinating.
- What is your life like outside of TiltShift?
Normally I get up early to exercise, more specifically indoor cycling. I also like to invite friends and family to dinner when the opportunity arises since I really like to learn different types of cooking and I try to study it when there is enough time.I try travel around on weekends to places not so far away from the city. When I have the opportunity, I like to travel to a place with a beach to do freediving, which I learned a few years ago and I love.
- What is the most interesting fact about you?
I had the opportunity to live in Bali for 5 years where I learned to surf and do freediving. I also created a Kombucha company called Happy Kombucha. That gave me another perspective on the environment, sustainability and community, and since then, I have tried to be more conscious about how my actions will affect the environment.
- If you could be any superhero, which one would you be and why?
I would love to be Professor X, so that I would be able to understand everyone’s mind.
- What’s the best advice you have ever received?
One day a friend told me: “If you do something with passion, love and intention, everything else will flow on its own.
- What advice would you give your younger self?
Probably to make the most of the time you spend with your family.
- What’s your favorite thing about working at TiltShift?
To have the opportunity to work with talented people from whom I can learn a lot. In addition to being able to contribute to the growth of TiltShift with the outstanding projects we are doing now.
- What are the 3-4 words or phrases that best describe you?
I consider myself an active person willing to help people in whatever way I can if I am able to do it.
- If you weren’t a stellar CG artist what would you be known for instead?
I really enjoy coordinating people and feel I can have a good rapport with the client or producers. Also, I like to do VFX supervision on set.